Legal stuff & privacy
Our legal, data and privacy policies explain how we collect, use and share customer and website users’ personal information, and the controls we have over their information and data.
We know that for many people it isn’t the most exciting part of our website. But it’s an important element of the proper, honest and transparent way we conduct ourselves and do business.
If they don’t have these, it’s simple – they’re breaking the law.
And do you really want to use a business where there’s even a hint of untrustworthiness?
Especially one that you invite into your home and could potentially cause large scale and expensive damage?
Below, you’ll find all of the legal, data and privacy information you’ll need. And of course if you’d like to know about our rates, guarantees or insurance etc. our FAQ page is the place to go.
- About this (legal, data and privacy) policy
- Personal data – definitions
- Who we (AngusPLUMBING) are
- How we collect information
- The type of information collected
- Your data protection rights
- How your information’s used
- Who has access to your information
- How and where we store data
- Your choices
- Policy changes
- Contact information
- Data protection registration
- Liability disclaimer
1. About this policy and information (legals & data etc.)
AngusPLUMBING Ltd (“AngusPLUMBING“) Caversham’s local plumbers and plumbing experts is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when:
- You use our website (www.angusplumbing.co.uk)
- You make enquiries via our website
- Someone is interested in working for us
2. Definition of personal data
Personal data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case. It means personal data that you give to us via the AngusPLUMBING website www.angusplumbing.co.uk, our email [email protected] or via phone, text or messenger – 07442966664.
Please ensure you fully understand this policy in its entirety by taking your time to read it, and ask any questions if you are unsure or uncertain of any element or part of it.
3. Who we are
AngusPLUMBING is Caversham’s, Henley’s and Readings leading emergency plumbing and plumbing business.
AngusPLUMBING Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with the company registration number 14340379.
4. How we collect information from you
AngusPLUMBING collects information from you when you:
- Make a booking
- Sign up to marketing emails
5. What type of information is collected from you?
When you make a booking, you will be asked to submit personal information. We collect this information, so that we can fulfil your booking and provide you with the best possible service.
When you make a booking, we collect information such as your:
- Phone or mobile phone number
- Email address (used for estimates, booking confirmation and feedback emails)
- Comments/feedback you submit
- Marketing preferences (weather you opt-in or opt-out)
When you access the our website www.angusplumbing.co.uk there is “device information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by AngusPLUMBING which can include:
- Device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet, smart TV, watch)
- IP address
- Browser information (e.g. type, language and history)
- Access times
- Referring website addresses
- Other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy
- Location information (we may receive your genetic location, such as city or neighbourhood)
6. Your data protection rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the following rights, including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstance. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
You may submit your CV if you are interested in working for us to: [email protected] This information may include:
- Personal details (name, address, telephone or mobile numbers, email address, etc)
- Education details
- Employment history
- Salary history
- Other relevant details
AngusPLUMBING will use this information to assess your application. All unsuccessful applications will be destroyed within 30 working days. If you would like to be considered for future positions, we can keep your information on record for up to 12 months, given your written consent. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time in writing.
8. How is your information used?
We use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons.
- Internal record keeping
- Sending you service emails (estimates, booking confirmation, feedback and service reminders)
- Improving AngusPLUMBING services and products
- Sending marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them
AngusPLUMBING may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
9. Who has access to your information?
We employ a range of technologies to protect the information maintained on AngusPLUMBING systems from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclose, alteration or destruction. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. Any Personal information AngusPLUMBING request from you will be safeguarded under the Data Protection Act 2018.
We will endeavour to take all reasonable care, in so far as is possible to do so, to keep your Information secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part, we cannot be held liable for any loss if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data AngusPLUMBING hold. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information at any point. Please refer to the ‘Your Choices’ section of this policy for details.
10. How and where we store data?
All information collected from users of the website is owned solely by AngusPLUMBING.
We only keep your personal data for as long as we have your permission to keep it, in order to use it as described in this policy.
From marketing emails, whereby you have opted in verbally, with our call centre, or digitally through a chosen e-marketing platform.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences, so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you.
12. Your choices
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties, furthermore you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer by email at [email protected].
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made by email to the Data Protection Officer [email protected].
You have the right to withdraw your consent to AngusPLUMBING using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
We use customer feedback to develop and improve our services. We may post your comments about our services on our website. If you do not wish to have your comments posted on the our website, please indicate your desire not to be included by appending the comments section.
13. Policy changes
We will occasionally update our legal, data and privacy policies to reflect company and customer feedback. We encourage you to periodically review these statements, so that you know how we’re protecting your information. This policy was last updated on the 22nd September 2023.
14. Contact information
If you have a question or query in respect of the information collected on our website, please email the Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
And if you’d like to find out more about our business please see our FAQs page.
15. Data protection registration
The AngusPLUMBING Ltd UK data protection registration number is ZB3879.
16. Liability disclaimer
All of the information contained on our website https://angusplumbing.co.uk including our blog and mastering series is provided on an “as is” basis.
It’s general, given in good faith and subject to change without notice.
All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure its accuracy. However, this isn’t warrantied, and liability isn’t accepted for any damage or loss whether direct, indirect, special or consequential suffered by anyone in accessing, downloading, using or relying on it.
Certain links on our site, lead to websites and social media not under our control. If you access these, we do not accept liability for any of their information, products or services.
Before undertaking any/all plumbing, heating or related work you should always take your own independent professional advice.